Saturday, July 11, 2026

The Nashville Legends Series: Buddy and Julie Miller

      While looking for a picture of Buddy and Julie Miller for this compilation, I came across Buddy's Wikipedia page.  Upon reading it, I had completely forgotten that he (and Jim Lauderdale) were part of the New York City country scene for a few years back in the late 1980s.  He and Julie did move to Nashville in 1990, so they've been there for a long time and therefore definitely qualify as Nashville legends, especially since Buddy probably has tons and tons of credits (Google Gemini says more than 1,000).  I would also note that all of Buddy and Julie's Hightone releases are still available for purchase/streaming if you find yourself wanting even more. :)

Download

   Volume 1

Don't Listen To The Wind

Buddy Miller

I'm Gonna Make You Love Me

Buddy & Julie Miller

Any Lie

Julie Miller

That's Why We Don't Love God

Buddy & Julie Miller

Does My Ring Burn Your Finger

Buddy Miller

Let It Rain (feat. The McCrary Sisters & Steve Earle)

Buddy & Julie Miller

All My Tears

Julie Miller

Holding Up The Sky

Buddy & Julie Miller

Sneaky Snake (feat. Duane Eddy)

Buddy Miller

Jerusalem Tomorrow

Buddy Miller

    Volume 2

God's Wing'ed Horse

Buddy Miller

Rock, Salt, and Nails

Buddy & Julie Miller

Angelina

Julie Miller

Love Snuck Up

Buddy Miller

The Train That Carried My Gal From Town

Buddy & Jim

The Price Of Love

Buddy Miller

Please Don't Tell Me How the Story Ends

Buddy Miller

Everytime We Say Goodbye

Buddy & Julie Miller

Don’t Make Her Cry

Buddy & Julie Miller

Face Of Appalachia

Julie Miller

 

7 comments:

RK said...

Thank you for this collection. Love Buddy and Julie both. --RK

bigcravings said...

Sadly, already unavailable. Any chance of a reup? Thanks.

Crab Devil said...

Thank you -- and, btw, the download did work for me just now.

Ishkabibliophile said...

@crabdevil and rk, You're both quite welcome.

Ishkabibliophile said...

@bigcravings, I know some other folks have had problems with downloads some times. I'm not sure what the solution is - maybe try a different browser?

KathyB said...

Thank you so much. I noticed one issue with the files. The track that you have labeled as "That's Just How She Cries" is actually "Rock Salt and Nails." (Both songs are from the amazing 2001 album "Buddy and Julie Miller.")

Ishkabibliophile said...

@KathyB,
Thanks for the heads up. I knew there was something I needed to fix when I was listening to it, but I must have gotten distracted. :)