Sunday, July 23, 2023

More Covers of the Rolling Stones

    I hope it's not overkill, but I thought it was necessary to have a different cover of Satisfaction in each volume, especially as I just couldn't see leaving either the Devo or Otis Redding version out.  Also, while I was putting together these comps, I went back and listened to a lot of Stones albums, some of which I hadn't listened to in a long time - growing up listening to classic rock radio in the 70s kind of burns one out on just about any classic rock song that's in heavy rotation (for years and years...).  Anyway, I have to say that I came away newly impressed by how well the Stones transitioned into the disco era of the late 70's.  Some Girls, Emotional Rescue, and Tattoo You  aren't my favorite Stones albums, but, they still sound like a band following their muse, rather than a band just trying desperately to follow a trend.  I mean, I'm not gonna name any bands, but.....some releases from rock artists in the late 1970s and early 1980s were pretty dreckful.  

   Anyway, hope folks like this third volume.

Download

Backstreet Girl

Lambchop

Loving Cup

The Bittersweets

Angie

Womack And Womack

Fool To Cry

Tegan & Sara

Honky Tonk Women

The Flying Burrito Brothers

19th Nervous Breakdown

Jason & The Scorchers

Brown Sugar

Alice Russell

Sister Morphine

Ren Harvieu

As Tears Go By

Marianne Faithfull

Ventilator Blues

Clarence "Gatemouth" Brown

Gimme Shelter

Cal Tjader

Paint It Black

The Feelies

(I Can't Get No) Satisfaction

Devo

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love your mixes. Thanks for the effort you put into them.

Ishkabibliophile said...

You're welcome (and thanks for the kind words)!!

best,
Ish