Thursday, November 2, 2017

Man, That Cat is Gone: A John Hiatt Retrospective


       I was listening to John Hiatt's great late 80s/early 90s trio of albums (Bring the Family, Slow Turning, and Stolen Moments) a few months back and was impressed by how well they had aged.  I've also been listening a lot to the rest of his catalog so I finally put together a John Hiatt compilation.  (Btw, it's one download for both discs.)


Download

Disc One
Take Time To Know Her
I Just Don't Know What To Say
Cold River
Homeland
Something Wild
How Bad's the Coffee
Johnny 99
Hold On for Your Love
Ethylene
Everybody Went Low
Disc Two
Riding With the King
Lift Up Every Stone
Woman Sawed In Half
The Ballad of Curtis Loew
Don't Bug Me When I'm Working
Hurt My Baby
Face Of God
Rock Back Billy 
Sometime Other Than Now
Learning How To Love You

2 comments:

Unknown said...

A singer/songwriter who has the ability to make me smile. There's not many of them around and we should treasure them. A fine compilation - but any mix that features the glorious "Ethylene" will always get my vote.

Ishkabibliophile said...

@Gram,

Hiatt is definitely musical comfort food - in the best sense of that word.

Ish