Sunday, February 27, 2022

Ain't That Fine: A Ray Charles Collection - Volumes 1 and 2

I'm a little embarrassed that I spent an inordinate
amount of time thinking about what I should call this compilation and was only able to come up with the nondescript "Ain't That Fine".   Basically, I was hoping for something just a little bit clever and original while paying respect to Ray's genius talent.  And yet I achieved neither.  I hope that does not deter from people's enjoyment of this collection (you can always change the name on the mp3s) - I tried to focus mostly on album cuts and out of print material.  In doing so, I discovered just how much of his output is now out of print - like most of his 60's and 70's recording.  It's been almost 20 years since the biopic movie so another Ray revival is sorely overdue.  I'll post Volume 3 next month.

      I also wanted to give a little homage to the great Dallas Good of the Sadies who died at the far too young age of 48 a week ago.  The Toronto Star has a really nice obituary and I've also re-upped my two Sadies compilations


Volume 1

Makin' Whoopee
I Want to Know
Bags of Blues
Side By Side
Don't Tell Me Your Troubles
Mister C
Tell Me, How Do You Feel?
You're Just About to Lose Your Clown
Senor Blues
I Wake Up Cryin'
You'll Never Miss The Water Until The Well's Gone Dry
All to Myself Alone
Blackjack
She's On the Ball, Jack
Scotia Blues (Blues For Big Scotia)
You Are My Sunshine
 My Baby (I Love Her Yes I Do)
Cry

Volume 2

Swing A Little Taste
Mississippi Mud
The Ray
I'm Movin' On
Alabamy Bound
Th' Ego Song (They're Crazy About Me)
Soul Meeting
Laughin' and Clownin'
 Worried Life Blues
She's Lonesome Again
I Wonder Who's Kissing Her Now?
Doodlin'
But On the Other Hand, Baby
Guitar Blues
Walkin' and Talkin' (to Myself)
X-Ray Blues
Baby, Don't You Cry
Sweet Georgia Brown

3 comments:

Crab Devil said...

Thanks for this Ray Charles collection -- and the two Sadies compilations.

Ishkabibliophile said...

@Crab Devil,

You're quite welcome!

Ish

Classic Rock Covers said...

Hello, we have the blogs www.Classic-Rock-Covers.com and ChilloutSounds.blogspot.com/ If you want put our links to your Blog List. We already put your blog to our Blog's Blog List. Thank you! :)