Thursday, April 25, 2019

Darling, It's Wonderful: Music From The 1950's - Volume Six

The last volume of the 50's comp is finally here.  And though I would guess a high percentage of people who frequent this blog have probably heard Miles Davis' "So What" and Elvis Presley's "I'm Left, You're Right, She's Gone" many times already in their lives, I still thought they were apropos to, respectively, open and close this volume.   It's a little late so I'm having a hard time articulating my thoughts, but they just seem like perfect choices to capture the 50's music aesthetic.  At any rate, hope people like the less well known cuts, too.  I also confess that I'm already thinking of doing some additional volumes at some point down the line so I'm open to any suggestions people might have.

Download

So What Miles Davis
It Don't Cost Very Much Mahalia Jackson
Zoo Lake Dorothy Masuka
Lust Bas Sheva
The Wayward Wind Tex Ritter
Go Go Go Roy Orbison
Bird Dog The Everly Brothers
Ooh Poo Pah Doo  Pt. 1 Jessie Hill
Yes, Sir The Cues
Bweebida Bobbida Gerry Mulligan
El Cayuco Tito Puente & His Orchestra
Rocket 88 Jackie Brenston & his Delta Cats
Gimme A Pigfoot Bobby Short
Fatback, Louisiana, USA Tennessee Ernie Ford
La folle complainte Charles Trenet
I Don't Want You To Go The Casanovas
I Forgot More Than You'll Ever Know The Davis Sisters
The World Is Waiting for the Sunrise Mary Ford
Blinuet Zoot Sims
Blossom's Blues Blossom Dearie
Sixty Minute Man The Dominos
I'm Left, You're Right, She's Gone Elvis Presley

6 comments:

Charles D said...

Thanks very much for these compilations.

Ishkabibliophile said...

@charles,

Very glad to hear you liked them!

Ish

Anonymous said...

Am loving your compilations. Thanks so much for doing this.

Ishkabibliophile said...

@anonymous,

Quite welcome - happy to do it!!

Ish

Marilyn H said...

Verry nice blog you have here

Ishkabibliophile said...

@Marilyn H,

Thanks for the kind words!!

Ish