Friday, February 17, 2012

The Only One and Only Gillian Welch

      Well, it's that time of year when I tend to feature a a female alt-country star (Neko Case), Kelly Willis, Lucinda Williams, Iris DeMent), so this year I thought it was high time for a Gillian Welch compilation.  There's one cut from each of her formal releases and the rest is contributions to tribute albums and soundtracks, duets, and a lot of live tracks.  Disc Two  arrives next week.

Download


Beulah Land
Pocahontas
Pretty Flowers
Summer Evening
Lua
Silver Dagger
I've Been Down Before
Gold Watch And Chain
I'll Fly Away
Wind And Rain
Barstow
One Monkey
Black Star
Tonight I'll Be Stayin' Here with You
White Rabbit

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the music! Sampling a few artists I am not very familiar with: Welch, Mann, Clark, crowded house. Much appreciated.
-Frankie Mules

Ishkabibliophile said...

@Frankie,

Glad you're enjoying the mixes.

Ish