Thursday, January 19, 2012

The Gift Soundtrack

     I've never seen the movie (but I've heard it's very good), but I'm posting the out of print 2001 soundtrack to The Gift anyway tonight.    It's a really nice mixture of 1960s country acts such as George Jones and Lee Hazelwood and newer (for 2001) alt-country acts like The Souvenirs, Neko Case, and Amy Nelson.  Just the thing for those long winter nights. :)

p.s. If you're having trouble downloading previous mixes, it's because megaupload.com has been shut down.  I'll try to post them, albeit gradually, to another site over the next couple of weeks.

Download


The Gift Christopher Young
Furnace Room Lullaby Neko Case
Great Divide Willie Nelson
Wastin' Time Waylon Jennings
Mama Why Loretta Lynn
Everybody Wants To Go To Heaven Loretta Lynn
All Alone Christopher Young
Beautiful Hills Hasil Adkins
Trouble Is A Lonesome Town Lee Hazelwood
Heart On A Chain The Souvenirs
In Case We Die Amy Nelson
I'm Alright The Souvenirs
If I Could Only Fly Merle Haggard
Pretty Girls Neko Case
A Picture Of Me (Without You) George Jones

5 comments:

Jerry Lee said...

Great soundtrack, I've had this for a while, I think I paid 99 cents for it. The Hasil Adkins song is a killer. Excellent movie too, outstanding cast, directed by the great Sam Raimi, definitely worth renting or buying.

Ishkabibliophile said...

@Jerry Lee,

I really like that Hasil Adkins song too and now that I know it's a Sam Raimi film, I'll definitely try to check it out (I just put a reminder on my locatetv account. :)

Jerry Lee said...

Definitely more subdued than Evil Dead 2, Quick And The Dead, and Spiderman, well worth seeing. Excellent blog,man.

Ishkabibliophile said...

@Jerry Lee,

I loved Raimi's A Simple Plan, so The Gift sounds right up my alley (and I've heard the score is quite good as well).

Jerry Lee said...

That was a good one too, I couldn't remember the title.