Friday, September 16, 2011

Ray Price: Night Life

I know I've been over indulging a bit in music from the early 1960s, but when I found out that Ray Price's superb 1963 release Night Life was out of print, I thought I owed it to folks to post it. Great selection of songs, Price's voice never sounded better, and a who's who of top studio musicians (Buddy Emmons and Jimmy Day on steel guitar, Pig Robbins on piano, Grady Martin on guitar, etc.)


Introduction and Theme/The Night Life
Lonely Street
The Wild Side Of Life
Sittin' And Thinkin'
The Twenty-Fourth Hour
A Girl In The Night
Pride
There's No Fool Like A Young Fool
If She Could See Me Now
Bright Lights And Blonde Haired Women
Are You Sure
Let Me Talk To You


2 comments:

Max Frost said...

Wow, thanks for this one. I haven't listened to this all the way through for years (the downside of digital...), but what a masterpiece. Ray Price was (is) a genius.

Ishkabibliophile said...

Max,
Quite welcome. And this is definitely one of the albums where the songs sound better when you listen to the whole thing.