Friday, April 17, 2009

Guest Blog Compilation! Guest Blog Compilation! (Hint: It's Los Lobos)


Yes, it's true - less than three months in to this blogging enterprise and I'm already farming the work out to friends. Hope the boss doesn't find out. I did, however, listen to it and I can assure you it lives up to the high standards of this blog. So here is a compilation of Los Lobos covers put together by my friend Kevin. Or as he puts it,

"How many other bands can do Buddy Holly, Louis Prima, James Brown and Johnny Thunders equally well? Here, then, is a collection of Los Lobos cover tunes pulled together from studio albums, tribute albums, soundtracks, guest appearances, hits collections etc. Hopefully it makes the case that Los Lobos aren't just a Mexican-American band – they’re American, period."


Alone In A Crowd
Georgia Slop
Tomorrow Never Knows (Live)
Down Where the Drunkards Roll
Bertha (Live)
And It Didn't Even Bring Me Down
Johnny 99
I Got Loaded
I Wanna Be Like You (The Monkey Song)
Lonely Avenue
Wicked Rain/Across 110th Street (w/Bobby Womack)
Politician (Live)
Midnight Shift
Lonesome Tears In My Eyes (with Paul Burlison)
Try Me
Route 90
What's Going On (Live)

3 comments:

Juan Duque said...

Great blog, great guest mix!!! Can I do one??? Check out me blog.. i post to it when Saturn crosses the equator on a blue moon, but when i do, it's usually decent..

hotshitrecords.blogspot.como

ciao

Ishkabibliophile said...

Juan,
Thanks for the kind words! And yes, I'm always happy to have a guest blog (less work for me :) What were you thinking of?

Ishkabibliophile said...

Oh yeah, I definitely dig your blog. Nice mix of stuff!