Thursday, March 12, 2009

Indisputably Dusty


I remember finally getting (one of those albums critics invariably declared a "must have") Dusty Springfield's stunning "Dusty in Memphis" a little while after Rhino put out its deluxe edition in 1999. Naturally, I went out and bought a few earlier cds of hers. But it wasn't until I got the vastly underrated "A Brand New Me", her 1970 album recorded with the legendary Philly soul producers Leon Huff and Kenny Gamble that I went on a wave of semi-obsessive Dusty song collecting. If none of her other albums can compare to Dusty in Memphis or A Brand New Me, there are still a lot of gems (I mean, the woman can sing!!) from her various releases from the 60s and 70s. G'ahead, check 'em out if you don't believe me. :)

Volume 1

Breakin' up a Happy Home
Bring Him Back
Tossin' andTurnin'
Sweet Lover No More
This Girl's In Love With You
Once Upon a Time
In the Middle of Nowhere
If Wishes Could Be Kisses
Summer Is Over
Girls Can't Do What the Guys Do
Losing You
Since I Fell For You
Something for Nothing
Ain't No Sun Since You've Been Gone
Guess Who?
Baby Don't You Know
I Only Wanna Laugh
Some of Your Lovin'

Volume 2


Uptight (Everything's Alright)
Stay Awhile
What's It Gonna Be?
Come Back To Me
The Corrupt Ones
It's Over
Am I The Same Girl
Here She Comes
The Richest Girl Alive
I Will Always Want You
Good Lovin'
I Only Want to Be With You
Earthbound Gypsy
Won't Be Long
Summer Love
Morning Please Don't Come -with Tom Springfield
Make the Man Love Me
Look of Love

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I recently ran across your site and have started tasting your compilations. I'd be remiss if I didn't thank you for this Dusty Springfield collection. A quite enjoyable 1 hr 42 mins. I appreciate your efforts.

Ishkabibliophile said...

@anonymous - glad you liked it. Kinda hard to go wrong with Dusty, isn't it? :)

LakerCrazy said...

Ish,When you get the time could you re-up the links for Indisputably Dusty Vol 1 & Vol 2.Seems Mediafire is blocking most file sharing now.

Thanks

Ishkabibliophile said...

@lakercrazy,

Done and Done! :)

LakerCrazy said...

Thanks, Your The Best.