Friday, February 6, 2009

I'll Take You There

I remember first getting into The Staple Singers because they covered the Talking Heads' Slippery People (A friend actually had the 45). I soon discovered their 70s stuff - especially the big hits. Recently, following Mavis Staples comeback album "We'll Never Turn Back" I rediscovered them, especially their early gospel material. So I've put together a 4 volume Staple Singers collection including both Mavis and Pops Staples solo stuff. Here are the first two volumes (I'll put the other two up next week.)

Disc One

You Must Have That True Religion
Love Comes in All Colors
I Like The Things About You
Somebody Saved Me
Help Me Jesus
Back Road Into Town
Touch A Hand, Make A Friend
This Year
Who
Jesus Is Going To Mke Up (My Dying Bed)
Downward Road
This Little Light Of Mine
Long Walk to D.C.
I'm A Lover
When Do I Get Paid

Disc Two

Going Away
Who Do You Think You Are (Jesus Christ The Superstar)?
I Ain't Raisin' No Sand
Who Made The Man
On My Way
In The Mississippi River
When Was Jesus Born
Slippery People
Simple Men
The End Of Our Road
I Have Learned To Do Without You
Slow Train
Uncloudy Day
I Had A Dream
The Weight

2 comments:

solotoo said...

Looking forward to hearing their version of Slippery People

Ishkabibliophile said...

It's a good one, isn't it?