Monday, August 31, 2026

Rig Rock Deluxe and A Town South of Bakersfield, Volume 3

I forget what prompted my search, but I recently discovered that the great 1996 compilation, Rig Rock Deluxe, featuring a well-curated mix of covers of old trucking songs and new compositions, was out of print.  As I lamented this, I also looked up the 1992 release Town South of Bakersfield: Volume 3 and found it was out of print, too.  I've put some of the songs from Rig Rock Deluxe on other compilations, but there's a lot of other stuff that definitely still deserves to be heard.  The latter is more hit-and-miss, but it still has a good batting average and, even though I don't love the song on this, it's still cool to hear Harry Dean Stanton sing (I just happened to watch Repo Man and Cool Hand Luke in the last couple of weeks).   Hope folks like both of the compilations and the also out-of-print 1) Rig Rock Truckstop and Rig Rock Jukebox, 2) Town South of Bakersfield Volume 1&2 are also available for download.


Rig Rock Deluxe

Truck Driving Man

Don Walser

Will There Be Big Rigs In Heaven

Buck Owens

Nitro Express

Red Simpson & Junior Brown

Miss Marie & The Bedford Blaze

Marty Stuart

Truckstop Girl

Kelly Willis

Mother Trucker

Shaver

Lookin' At The World Through A Windshield

Son Volt

Diesel, Diesel, Diesel

Del Reeves & Jim Lauderdale

Wagon Of Clay

Cheri Knight

White Freight Liner Blues

Steve Earle

Highway Junkie

The Yayhoos

Semi-Truck

Bill Kirchen & Too Much Fun

Mama Was A Rock (Daddy Was A Rolling Stone)

Kay Adams & BR5-49

I'm Coming Home

Nick Lowe & The Impossible Birds

Truck Drivin' Man (Give It All I Can)

The Bottle Rockets

Six Days On The Road

Rig Rock Deluxe

A Town South Of Bakersfield Volume 3

He's Breaking My Heart

The Neon Angels

Since I Found You

Wylie & The Wild West Show

One Memory At A Time

Dale Watson & His Lone Stars

99

Patty Booker

Hot N' Bothered

Calvin Davidson

I Hope I Never Get Too Old

Harry Dean Stanton

In Your Room

Pam Dwinell

Rockin' The Dog

The Hellecasters

Foot In The Fire

Rick Shea

She's So Bad

Steve Kolander

River Of Love

Mary Lyn Dias

Nowhere Isn't Lonely

The Plowboys

Hey (What Are You Doing?)

The Ruby Trees

Ain't Life Grand

Florida Slim & The Hurricanes

Mama's Reward

Ronnie Mack

Crackin' At The Seams

Sid Griffin & The Coal Porters


No comments: