Saturday, July 13, 2024

Sucking in the 70's: Volume 11

     Sorry about the delay between posts - I was on vacation and was rushing around trying to get stuff done before I left.  As for this week's post, I know it may seem like overkill to keep putting out 70's compilation.... and maybe it is.  But before you judge, please listen to the newest volume.  In particular, listen to the Pointer Sisters' take on Steely Dan's Dirty Work.  Don't get me wrong, the original is pretty good, but the Pointer Sisters version is just sublime.  Maybe it's because I first heard it while watching Gaslit, the series about the Watergate break-in (I know the Pointer Sisters' version was released several years after Nixon resigned, but, it works so well), but it's really affecting in a way that the Steely Dan version never was.  Also, all the previous volumes are available as are all the Saluting the 70's compilations.

  Download

Are You Ready?

Pacific Gas & Electric

Funky Business

Cherokee

The Time for Peace is Now

Fantastic Shadows

Smiling Faces Sometimes

The Undisputed Truth

Chairman Of The Board

Chairmen of the Board

Free Ride

Edgar Winter Group

Westbound #9

The Flaming Ember

If I Can't Have You

Yvonne Elliman

Pick Up The Pieces

Average White Band

(Every Time I Turn Around) Back In Love Again

L.T.D.

Nightbird

Labelle

Dirty Work

The Pointer Sisters

Why Can't We Live Together

Timmy Thomas

Turn Back The Hands Of Time

Tyrone Davis

Goin' Down

Allen Toussaint

Baby Let Me Kiss You

King Floyd

Love Land

Charles Wright & the Watts 103rd Street Rhythm Band

Love And Happiness

Al Green

Bound

The Ponderosa Twins Plus One

Maybe

The Three Degrees



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Sucking in the 70s series is a delight. Thanks much!

Ishkabibliophile said...

Glad to hear you like them. Not sure how many more I'm going to make, but I'm thinking at least one more.

best,
Ish