Friday, August 31, 2018

Superfunkycalifragisexy: A Prince Trilogy


      I've always put Prince pretty high up on the pantheon of artists, but listening to the breadth of his work - the funk, the psychedelic soul-rock, the 70s soul covers, the stunning version of the gospel spiritual Mary Don't You Weep from the soon to be released ‘Piano & A Microphone 1983’ - I've really come to appreciate more fully his musical genius.  In putting this three disc set together, I included a bunch of cuts from his out of print 1990s albums - especially Emancipation.   


Download all three discs

Disc One

My Name Is Prince
Sex In The Summer
Pop Life
Come #2
Love and Sex
Thieves In The Temple
She's Always In My Hair
Love Sign 
Life 'o' The Party
Rockhard In A Funky Place
Controversy
Play In The Sunshine

Disc Two

Eye No
Superfunkycalifragisexy
The Human Body
When You Were Mine
The Future
Ten
Pheremone
Why You Wanna Treat Me So Bad?
Get Yo Groove On
What's My Name
One Of Us
Mary Don't You Weep

Disc Three

A Case Of You
Shy #2
She Spoke 2 Me
Girl O' My Dreams
Peach
Guitar
Rebirth Of The Flesh
$
ART OFFICIAL CAGE
Hide The Bone
La, La, La Means I Love You
Sometimes It Snows In April

No comments: