Thursday, December 29, 2011

On the Right Side of 2011

        As usual, I don't have too much to say about the year that's passed.  I do think that there were a lot of good albums, but there weren't too many that thrilled me from beginning to end.  Perhaps I'm just a harder boy to thrill these days. :) Still, there was no dearth of songs to put on my year end mixtape - in fact, I had to leave off some cuts that would have made it in previous years.  (And as in 2009 and 2010, all the mp3s are tagged with the album they came from.)

Download

Video Games Lana Del Rey
Escape Richard Buckner
Montezuma Fleet Foxes
The Reason Why Ron Sexsmith
Gone, Gone, Gone Nikki Lane
Always Looking Dum Dum Girls
Get Some Lykke Li
Relax Das Racist
Tropical Affair Money Mark/Thalma de Freitas/Joao Parahyba
Paraty Mia Doi Todd
Progress Booker T Jones
Stone Rollin' Raphael Saadiq
Checkout Time Nick Lowe
Between The Cheats Amy Winehouse
A Commotion Feist
She Stole The Blush Tom Waits
Born To Be Loved Lucinda Williams
Calgary Bon Iver
Heartaches and Pain Charles Bradley
The Way The Whole Thing Ends Gillian Welch

5 comments:

Lisa said...

Yes, this looks fabulous (like everything else you do!) but the link seems to have dropped off? Thanks for putting all that's grouse in music in the one spot. Tis very much appreciated.

Ishkabibliophile said...

@Lisa,

Not sure what happened there, but the link should be working now.

wilfofhove said...

Super cool comp. Many thanks. Happy New Year!!

Daniel Rubin said...

This is a lovely, rewarding mix on a cold New Year's Day, walking the dog in the woods and juggling the leash, the bag and the gloves to see whose great tune I'm listening to. The Mia Doi Todd and Booker T songs made me leap.

Ishkabibliophile said...

@wilofhove and Daniel Rubin,

Glad to hear you liked the comp. It's got more mainstream stuff than in previous years, but what are you going to do. Also, I should mention I left off some worthy artists (Raul Malo, Dex Romweber) because I had put them on previous best of year comps.