Thursday, November 4, 2010

A Long Way Home


Last year, I put together a comp of stuff with a late 60s/70s country vibe that I thought was a good driving mixtape. In a similar vein, here's a collection of road songs or, a tad more accurately, songs about travelling.


Windfall Son Volt
555 X 2 Bo Ramsey
Nowhere Road Steve Earle & The Dukes
East Bound and Down Dave Dudley
Graceland Paul Simon
El Paso The Gourds
East Of Houston, West Of Baton Rouge Chris Gaffney
Ramblin' Fever Billy Joe Shaver
To Her Door Paul Kelly & the Messengers
40, 80 or 10 Tanya Savory
Come a Long Way Michelle Shocked
I've Been Everywhere Hank Snow
To The Homeland Malcolm Holcombe
Interstate Bill Kirchen
Long Time Gone Jann Browne
Good to Be on the Road Back Home Cornershop
Shangri-La M. Ward
A Long Way Home Dwight Yoakam
Roadworn And Weary Supersuckers
Can't Hardly Wait The Replacements

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I listened to this playlist many times around 2011-2012. I was just thinking of it, and I was surprised to find this post on google!
Yours was one of my favorite music blogs in my more obsessive listening days. Thank you for all you do. I'm glad to see your blog is still active.
-Justin

Ishkabibliophile said...

Justin,

Thanks for the kind words! Just re-upped it, too.

Ish