Thursday, September 16, 2010

Soy Un Perdedor: Beck's Bestest

Was it really 16 years ago that we all shed our grungy clothing and sang along to Beck's slacker ode "Loser"? While we all ponder the 90s and the passage of time, here's a sampling of Beck's finest.


Que Onda Guero
Bonfire Blondes
Think I'm In Love
Tropicalia
Stagolee
Clock
Replica
Fresh Hex
The Golden Age
Black Angel's Death Song
Your Cheatin' Heart
Jack-Ass
Nobody's Fault But My Own
Last Night I Traded My Souls Innermost For Some Pickled Fish
Peaches & Cream
Tender Beasts Of The Spangled Night
Bad Blood
Loser

4 comments:

Don said...

I'm anxious to hear this. I know Beck is good but for some reason I've only bought Guero and Odelay up to this point.

Ishkabibliophile said...

@Don,

It's about half album cuts and half obscurities, b-sides, etc. Hope you like it.

Anonymous said...

Just listened to this compilation again. Quite a good one. Well done!

Anonymous said...

I just stumbled upon your blog from Fuzzy and now am up all night to listen.

Thanks for the great music