Thursday, December 3, 2009

Pretty and High: A Roches Collection


I've never been very good at predicting what people will like and I'm especially bad at predicting which bands are due for a revival. That said, I do think those lovable quasi-folkies The Roches are about due for a comeback. Granted, they could be a tad precious occasionally....but their great harmonies, wry and inventive songwriting, not to mention Robert Fripp's guitar on their early works will always endear them to me. So here's a compilation to start the Roches revival train on its way. :)


We
Down The Dream
Face Down at Folk City
My Sick Mind
Losing True
Steady with the Maestro
Pretty and High
I Love My Mom
Louis
Come Softly to Me
I Fell in Love
The Train
Mr. Sellack
The Scorpion Lament
Older Girls
This Feminine Position
The Married Men
The Angry Angry Man
Hammond Song
Keep on Doing What You Do/Jerks on the Loose

2 comments:

YankeeBoy said...

When I was a record reviewer I always used to say that if I liked your band, it was the commercial kiss of death. So you may or may not be happy to know how much I enjoy your posts. Keep up the great work.

Ishkabibliophile said...

@yankeeboy

It's a good thing I don't have to worry about (my) record sales, then. :)

p.s Just discovered your blog - cool compilations!